Sunday, March 28, 2010

Working Vacation in Florida

Hi all!  We've been in Florida the past week, working on some projects for the family's house and enjoying a respite from the frozen tundra (aka, the Catskills).  While Casey and I are here, we are working on fixing his dad's pickup truck, doing some plumbing and electrical work on the house, and possibly even pouring a cement pad if we can find time.  Casey's grandparents are also down in the sunshine state, and they have been graciously trying to encourage the vacation aspect of our trip.  Casey and his grandfather are planning a boating escapade down the Indian River, and yesterday we took a drive to the only dog-friendly beach in the county.  There were so many people and dogs!  Sprocket was a little overwhelmed at first -- he'd never been to the ocean or a dog park before -- but after Casey took him running through the surf a couple times, he decided he loved it.
Walton Rocks 008.JPG
I hope we can go there again before we head out to Texas!



1 comment:

  1. Great to know you are out of the snow pack and into some sunshine. Wish you could have found time to stop by in SC at your grandparents' house for a short visit and refresh, but I know you have "deadlines." Let me know when you plan to be back in Terlingua because I have a package to send to you and you have been a moving target these past three months. I've just checked out your latest videoblogs which have apparently been taped in Texas and posted in Florida where you have time, energy, and Internet. I have a business opportunity I am working on and may have some work you could assist me with. It could really help your building fund if you could find the time to help. Best of luck and look forward to hearing from you.

    ReplyDelete