Friday, December 4, 2009

Chilly Morning

First snow.jpg
We  woke up to 26 degrees at 8 am with 15 to 20 mph winds. Tomorrow is supposed to be a break in the arctic front, thankfully. A good friend of ours happens to be the alternative energy supply guy in these parts, and he has a connection for broken solar panels. Many of these panels are repairable and there will be some quite interesting stuff, pictures and info on the site soon to come. As usual, we will have no trouble keeping busy even huddled inside the tent, because we have much internet research and work to do. The design of our small home has been altered a bit, and we will now have vaulted ceiling with a contemporary attached roof. To combat the hot roof oven effect on the inside, we will be using a reflective barrier. Hopefully we will have a stable internet connection at some point so we can upload some more blog videos.  


2 comments:

  1. https://www.google.com/accounts/o8/id?id=AItOawl0EQdAwHS9LkU4TW8JUqG14UMz5m4rlB8December 9, 2009 at 3:33 PM

    Hello my name is Daniel Green, I think what you guys are doing is great. I plan on doing something similar one of these days, but for now my lil 125'x150' lot will have to do in SE Kansas will have to do. I'm also building a house It seems small but with the vaulted ceilings and 2 stories looks huge on the inside. It's about 24'x21' on the house side and I have a connected 24'x24' Garage. I have a lot of similar interests. I'm also a 3rd year Plumber/Pipefitter, HVAC, Welder apprentice.
    I'm interested in your budget, and current investment is. Also do you guys have jobs or are you just living off savings or something? Anyways nice to meet you, and hope to hear more.
    Daniel Green

    ReplyDelete
  2. Where is your property located on the ranch? Which section. Are you close to the ranch office or in the Aqua Fria area. I have 40 acres close to the ranch.
    I love your blog and am glad I found you.
    http://www.simplelvn.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete