Friday, December 31, 2010

A year gone wonderfully by

We finished up our Valentine remote power installation Wednesday night. I was a little surprised that we used 700 feet of 3-conductor wire, but I was just doing a little research and the average home uses thousands of feet of wire.  I guess I just had not kept track until now. I have lots of photos to post, I'm just several miles away from the files. We were glad to be back home catching up on our other jobs and chores.

Everyone should expect another year of interesting projects and hopefully more videos with our neglected Canon HF-10.  We are getting a better set up and getting more reliable computer equipment in the upcoming weeks. We wish you all an excellent New Year!

-Casey


1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year way down there in (I was going to say Gila Monster Land, but with a little research, don't seem to populate your desert) the sands of Texas. I hope you are referring to my contribution when you speak of "more reliable computer equipment!" Just don't go spending money before you see what's in store. What about delivery arrangements? HP uses FedEx and the shipment will be coming from China unless I receive it here first. While it does come with some software, I plan on augmenting it with Acronis True Image 2011 and including an external hard drive to take images of your system files as well as back up critical data. I am also setting up a server in SC that can be used for offsite storage. The first one will be on some old equipment, but I am experimenting with the latest Microsoft product that is currently in Beta, the upcoming Windows Home Server (code named Vail). It will be much more robust and user friendly. One of the features that comes with it is a dedicated URL for offsite access. If interested, I will set you up with your own user id and passwords as well as your own secure storage area. It's 4:30 in the afternoon here in Lexington, SC and Lena and I are headed to Aiken for a party this evening with her new Russian Speaking friends.

    ReplyDelete